Only our name is shabby ... your project need not be!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meet the DESIGN TEAM!

Welcome! We are so happy that you're here visiting! Please take a minute to read below and let our wonderful design team members introduce themselves to you. Thanks for stopping by! Please come back and visit with us again soon ... weekly challenges to begin on March 15th! Become a follower -- you won't want to miss out on any of the FUN and PRIZES :)

Debbie Marcinkiewicz
Resume: Designer/Creator for The Shabby Tea Room
I live in Chapel Hill, NC with my hubby of 23 years and our two sons, ages 19 and 18, along with our adorable chocolate toy poodle, Hershey, and cute kitty cat, Sydney! I have been a crafter all my adult life, enjoy quilting, owned my own custom sewing business for a couple years and have been stamping for approximately 20 years. I attended a Stampin’ Up! workshop at a friend’s home approximately 4 years ago and immediately became ‘addicted’ to everything paper, glue, glitter and ink! I love to design, be inspired by other’s designs and incorporate crafty elements into my paper designs. I simply adore challenges which is what inspired me to begin this crafty, inky design-inspired challenge blog! I’m excited for what the future will bring and can’t wait to see all the wonderful creations that will be showcased on our fun challenge blog!

Audrey Pettit
Resume: Designer for The Shabby Tea Room, Webster’s Pages, Cardalicious, Sketch This and 52 Weeks x 52 Layouts
I live in Cary, NC and have two wonderful kiddos. I started scrap booking and card making about a decade ago after being invited to a friend’s house for a stamping party. That opened my eyes to a whole new world of paper crafting, and I have never looked back! I adore working with paper in any shape or form. Cards, scrap book pages and altered projects equally share a space in my heart. I love a good challenge and am willing to try something new at least once. I am always eager to learn and share, and I am so excited to be here. I look forward to many exciting adventures with you!

Jill Hilliard
Resume: Designer for The Shabby Tea Room and Stampin’ Up! demo
Collegeville, PA is the place I call home. I share a home with my husband, Brian, and my three kids!!! My weekdays are spent running my kids all over and running my Stampin’ Up! business. I don’t cook, but I love to bake. Most of all, I love to play with paper and ink! I was hooked on stamping after attending a 20 Birthday cards stamp camp about five years ago, and the rest is history! My blog is where I showcase my work. I had no idea how much I would love sharing my creations and glimpses of my life! Thanks to *TSTR* and Debbie for the opportunity to share what I love and to all of you for your encouragement. I hope to inspire you as we have fun creating together!

Melissa Hubert
My Resume: Designer for The Shabby Tea Room and Curtain Call Crew
Hi everyone! I live in Alberta, Canada – more specifically on a farm outside of Ponoka – with my husband of almost 15 years and our three boys!!! I learned how to knit, crochet and cross stitch as a little girl, so the progression to paper crafting was a natural one for me. My addiction with all things paper and bling-y didn’t really start until about four years ago when I joined a monthly stamping group organized by a very good friend (A.K.A. “My Enabler”)! They are a great group of ladies, and I really look forward to our get togethers every month. I have learned so much from all of them. I started my blog in November 2008, but went on a LONG blog hiatus in February 2009 – amazing what a bit of stress can do to the craftin’ mojo! All is better now and I am so glad to be back creating! I just started another DT position so I am VERY new to being part of Design Teams … but am also VERY excited to share this new adventure with you all!

Nicole Segnere
My Resume: Designer for The Shabby Tea Room and Stampin’ Up! demo
I live in Pittsboro, NC, am a full-time wife and mom; part time nurse; stamper; scrap booker; seamstress; quilter. My love of paper started nine years ago when I decided to make a scrapbook for a Christmas gift. Little did I know how fun cutting and gluing paper could be! Three and a half years ago I was casually introduced to stamping and a whole new world opened before my eyes! I loved the fact that I could start and finish a card in one sitting! How fun and rewarding! I now turn to stamping as an outlet for my creativity and stress relief. I consider my stamping style to be simple in design, easy to mass produce and FUN!

3 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Sounds like fun ladies, looking forward to your first challenge! :)

mary sue said...

Congratulations Ladies! Looking forward to being inspired!!! Mary Sue

Kathleen said...

Debbie---I see that you're in Chapel Hill---I'm in Raleigh. I just came to your blog from Betsy's blog. Congratulations on your new challenge! I hope to get to play someday---I'm a bit overwhelmed with life! :) Anyway, time is short these days, but SOMEDAY, I'll see the bottom of my craft table! I can't wait to play!